welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, October 18, 2009

When I get the time, I want to do a small study on God's willingness to heal us of all our diseases.

He has made provision for our healing, for Jesus Christ was manifested to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8), whether sin, sickness, or death, so that we may be preserved blameless in spirit, soul, and body unto His glorious appearing. Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it (1 Thess. 5:24).

One of the greatest hindrances to healing is the absense of certain, definite knowledge as to God's will. There is lurking in most of us a feeling that He may not be willing, that we have to persuade Him to heal us.

People often say, "I know that He is able, He has power if He only will"...like the leper in the eigth chapter of Matthew who said to Jesus...if thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean (V2).

Many of us have been taught to pray, "If it be Thy will, heal me." That wasn't the way that King David prayed: he cried in Psalm 6:2, Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed. He was evidently very ill; and the excruciating pains in his bones might have been due to his extreme debility, for he goes on in the forth and fifth verses imploring God to deliver him from impending death and then adds in the ninth verse, The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.

There was no ifs or buts in that prayer. The prophet Jeremiah, too, had no doubt about God's will as to healing, for he cried, Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved...(Jer. 17:14).

And we, God's people of this day, should be as free from doubt regarding our Father's will for our bodies as they were, for it is as clearly revealed in the Word as His will concerning the salvation of our souls.

To Be Continued...http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5535_1204448880170_1497063847_30585715_274323_n.jpg