welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, September 01, 2008

Shekinah

You can get a snap shot view of how Shekinah Fellowship was by reading these snippettes:
I love the picture that forms as I read through what people have to say. Looks like God moved inspite of all of us. It is even more amazing to me when I realize that even today there are those who hold anger inside from so long ago. They left and never seemed to be able to be healed in their woundedness.
And then there are those who seemed to have been greatly blessed. Mainly those who were being ministered to by the Shekinah Fellowship group. It is almost as if there were a kind of "firewall" between those who were being ministered to and those who were the ministers.
I have no personal knowledge about what took place behind the scenes of Shekinah Fellowship. But some of the stories that others have told me face to face are not fit to retell here. Which makes it all the more miraculous to me that anyone ever got healed or ministered to.
I have spent the better part of three years doing what I could to make a place where those who know about Shekinah Fellowship could come together. I spent countless hours converting old studio tapes of Brant Baker and Shekinah Fellowship to VCR tapes and then digitizing them for the net. And finally uploading them to parts of the net, which took hours to do.
Why?
Because I was one of the people who got greatly blessed by the ministry of Shekinah Fellowship. And because Brant Baker once told me to my face, "David, you belong in this ministry."
At that time I did not think so. I just tucked his statement away in my treasure chest for another time.
With the invention of the internets I started to search out anything about Brant Baker or Shekinah Fellowship and nothing at all would be there. Then one day I found Susan Dixon's site. I emailed her and she did respond. She did not have much to say at that time.
Pastor Tilson and I found Brant Baker's mother in a trailer out in the desert. She was broke and doing the best she could. Tilson asked her if she had any video tapes or audio tapes from Shekinah. She said she had a lot of them in an old shed on the side of the trailer. She only let us have one old VCR copy. She did not want to talk about Brant or Shekinah.
We left dissapointed because we found the archives and couldn't access it.
Eventually one thing led to another and soon I had some audio tapes and some video tapes.
The rest is history.
David
Shekinah Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment