welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010



Psalm 51:10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

What does David mean by a 'right spirit'?

I just drove all the way to Fry's Electronics and back. I purchased the Nero 8 Ultra Edition for $100.00 plus tax. I wanted to start burning some Shekinah DVD's for some friends.

So I get home all excited to get started on the project. As I pick up the Nero box I notice that the circular cellophane tape that usually seals these boxes is crumpled, my spirit sank, sure enough someone has broken into the box at the store and stolen the program CD and the serial number along with it.

As you might imagine I was irritated and bummed big time. I knew that Fry's would never believe me and allow me another Nero package. How could I convince them that I had just purchased an empty box and that I am not trying to scam them? My natural man was angry at the circumstances and at myself for being so dumb as to not check on the seal of the box before going up to the cash register...I thought about that thief...

Ok, I knew that I had to 'sky~down' and take a deep breath and give it up to the Lord and ask for a 'right spirit' in this current trial.

No, I didn't call down fire from heaven on the thief or call out the bears, although I did think about it for a second or two.

I gave up my thoughts on calling fire down from heaven so my heart would be clean and I gave up my irritation and got before the Lord for a right spirit. In a few minutes I was ok.

Now I am going to spend all that time to go back to Fry's and let them at least know what happened to me. I don't expect them to do anything, after all, how can anyone prove that they got an empty software box?

I will let you know how it turns out when I return home.

David

Update:

Just got back home from Fry's Electronics. Prayed before going in. Told the two young men at the counter that I had just purchased the empty box. Without any interrogation type of questioning that I had figured would take place, these young men simply said, "We will go and talk with the software department manager." A few minutes later they come back and give me the Nero CD from another box. I signed a green paper after giving them my phone number, and walked away with the problem solved.

So, had I decided to cop an attitude of a wrong spirit, this may not have taken place. Who knows. All I know is I got a handle on my feelings and my response to the situation. Then I set out on what I knew was a tough call for anyone. I simply left it in the Lord's hands and was ready to accept whatever happened. If they declined to help me, I was fully prepared to go and buy the software again, thusly having to pay double.

I am greatful that Fry's values me as a customer and treated me so respectfully. They never once made me feel like I was a suspect or trying to pull a scam on them. They put the customer first in one of the hardest calls to make. I am a happy camper today.