welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, May 09, 2010

I have an observation I want to share with you. On the * Lonnie Frisbee Testimony Part 1 (Wimber / Mother's Day)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5290916323520553762&total=47&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6 \

Lonnie says, "I just wanted to say that I feel this is my new home here with you people. Uh, I travel a lot but I... John and I have decided that, that we, we’re going to move together... in the Lord. And he’s going to help me, and when I’m down, and you’re going to be my family in Jesus, so... I feel welcome here."

In the video of him ministering at the Denver Vineyard (pastor Tom Stipe), some ten years, Lonnie said, "I think that this church is especially blessed of God, and... I want you to adopt me."
David, what I see is a childlike heart cry from Frisbee that is looking for family, for a father, for validation, approval, love, affirmation. I’m thinking what if... What if Lonnie had been embraced by a father in the faith, and had been allowed to be a part of a true family of God... the way God has intended it to really be? What if a man of God, with authority and love... a true father, had helped him through his struggles? What if there was a true family of God and friends secure enough in their identity in Christ that Lonnie’s anointing and experience wasn’t a threat to them, and his sin struggle wasn’t too much for them? What if they could have loved him through his dark days and seen him through to freedom and health? What impact would Lonnie’s life have had then?

Maybe it just wasn’t possible. I don’t know. The very nature of Lonnie’s apostolic anointing and calling; to uproot and plant was (and is) a threat to man’s organized church. However, a true apostolic impartation and planting is anything but a threat to God’s living church. It’s absolutely necessary. Yes, Lonnie had the goods and was used by God, no doubt, to birth a move of the Spirit. However, concerning his struggles, the institution did its job well in turning ts back on weakness in leadership. It must do so for its health and for the survival of its very existence.

Maybe it was necessary that Lonnie had to walk through the rejection. God certainly uses rejection of man drive us to our Father in Heaven to find there our acceptance and affirmation regardless of what man thinks of us.

How many wounded members of God’s true family have been cast aside and forgotten because they were either a threat or no longer served a purpose for man’s church?

God, however, uses it all, doesn’t He?

Every man must face God and give an account to their motives and actions. God forgive us and have mercy on us all.

Steve Correll