welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, August 19, 2013

My Shameless Plug For A Great Corporation And An Equally Great Product

On our flight to Hawaii I somehow broke my wife's new sound canceling headphones that she had purchased for the flight. I tried to fix them with crazy glue with no success. So when we returned home my wife called customer support and they told her to just simply send them the broken headphones and they would FedEx her another new set.

How many corporations today would be so amenable?

Even though we had insurance on our ipads, when my wife dropped hers and broke it Apple did not give us a new ipad. They gave us a refurbished ipad. The company @ Able Planet.com gave us a brand new retail boxed headphone set.

I am not trying to pump the headphones but on the flight they worked wonderfully. The jet engines were toned down greatly by the noise canceling feature and they played music with full rich fidelity.
The model I am talking about is called "True fidelity."

I usually use ear buds but these things had an incredible sound stage with really great balanced bass that was not overwhelming. They were designed to have a live sound experience that provides clear speech even at low volumes which enables listeners to turn it down to help preserve their hearing while still having unsurpassed sound quality.

The design of the headphones is well thought out and clean, I can see that someone actually cared about the final appearance of them. They are engineered in U.S.A like Apple products and made in China.

A few years back I paid about $300.00 for some Bose headphones. They still sound tremendous but the quality of their design sucks. The cheap plastic headband broke right away with out much force from me and the ear pads have deteriorated within a year of usage. I used "Mighty Putty" to mend the headband on them and the pads are ridiculously tattered. With the foam coming out so that I have to tuck it back in every time I want to use them. But they still work great as far as the sonic quality.

The Able Planet head phones broke because of me I believe. I was kind of hard on them, I think I may have stepped on them while they were on the floor under my feet on the flight.

The sound test that I have done on them in comparison to my Bose is almost the same sonic quality for less then half the price. The advantage of the Able Planet headphones is the noise canceling feature. It actually works very well. You can turn it on or off and see how well it is working as your listening to music.

If you fly often, then these are the headphones to get. Reasonable price and full fidelity with the bonus of noise canceling...whats not to like?


No comments:

Post a Comment