welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Waffleholic, Breakfast And Brunch Cafe

If you live in Orange County CA, or if you are visiting, here is a wonderful place to eat.

Waffleholic Cafe is a new restaurant that is located at 1661 D Superior Avenue in Costa Mesa.

Look for the big sign on Superior Avenue, that is old and says "Midway Market" on it, just across from 16th street.

(My mom used to work in the cobbler shop at the Midway Market in the 60's.)

Waffleholic is in the back left corner.

My wife and I ate there just this morning. My first clue that this was a Christian establishment was a Scripture quote from the book of Job written on a chalkboard on the wall.

At the cash register there was a devotional book and a bible resting on the counter.

Be sure to have an appetite when you visit because the portions are very ample.

The cooking was just like Mom used to make only much better.

I ordered the "Americana."

It was scrambled eggs, bacon and two sausage patties with cut up potatoes seasoned and toasted just right. And of course it came with a large waffle.

My coffee was better then what I get at Starbucks!

As I sat there enjoying my breakfast, my thoughts were on the names of the items on the menu.

I came up with some names of my own for the menu.

I am pleased to name my first menu item "The Moses special."

And my next offering is "The Joshua."

After that there would be "The King David."

You can see where I am going with this.

My wife and I are always keeping our eyes open for new places to eat that are not well known yet.

This place is a real jewel and we will be enjoying eating there more in the future.

The reason I am sharing this with you is because the Christian woman of God that owns and runs the place could use a little boost to put her business on the map.

You will not be disappointed, this woman can cook!   And you will feel as if you were not in a restaurant but in her home as a visiting family friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment