welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, November 03, 2013

A Gulfstream G650 Has The World's Fastest Around The World Flight

Even before it received type certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in September 2012, the Gulfstream G650 was racking up the records, thanks in large part to its Mach 0.925 top speed. The latest record it has claimed is for the fastest westbound, around-the-world flight for a non-supersonic aircraft, which the G650 completed in 41 hours and seven minutes.

So I wonder how long it will be before the Benny Hinn types start telling their people that God wants/requires them to obtain one?


There are those who are not very discerning you know. 


"I mean look, every man of God that I know today has a nice house," Benny Hinn has said. "And they drive cars, and they have BlackBerrys or iPhones or whatever. It's what we need today to simply exist. ... Absolutely I need a private plane. For the ministry it's a necessity, not a luxury. ... It's a necessity for me to have my own private plane to fly so I can go and do what God called me to do around the world. If I should fly commercial I would wear out. With my schedule? It would be madness."


Private jets for Jesus.


A few months ago, the appropriateness (or inappropriateness) of private jets and expensive lifestyles for gospel ministers was the subject of a nationwide debate. I have read many newspaper write-ups and listened to many arguments revolving around this issue in the church, on radio and television, as well as the social media.
As a church consultant, I have concluded that since Jesus Christ lived a simple life on earth, his ministers ought to follow His example. The ministers of God are servants and we are called to serve the people and identify with them just as our Lord did. We are to feed the sheep, not to fleece them. We are to set good examples of conservative and contented living, not to live far away from them and above them.

No comments:

Post a Comment