welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, September 05, 2016

Chrome For Windows To Get Battery Performance Boost (zdnet.com)

Earlier this year, Microsoft claimed that its Edge browser was much lighter on battery than Chrome


Google is now attempting to address that.

 It has announced that Chrome 53 will contain numerous CPU and GPU power consumption enhancements for video playback, along with other big performance and power improvements.

ZDNet adds: 

Google hasn't as yet published any test results to back up these claims, and I'm not expecting that Chrome will have closed the gap with Edge in one leap, but it's good that Google is addressing these issues. 

Along with battery life improvements, Google has made what it calls "material design" changes to Chrome, in the form of tweaking the user interface.

***

I gotta tell ya, ever since i installed Windows ten my old laptop gets way more battery time.


I mean I can now spend over an hour of heavy inter-netting and such in my back yard while sitting in my Adirondack chair under my shade tree.

My old battery didn't have this capacity before so some how they worked their alchemy and nudged out some more electron efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment