welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Good Old Fashioned Cassette Tape VS MP3 and other digital methods.

There is the $400.00 Pono Player that Neil Young is behind.

And then there is the $1200.00 Sony Walkman

Folks, I am here to tell you that you can get incredible sounding music for a fraction of the cost that will absolutely blow away these expensive wannabes.

Ok I exaggerate ...rival them. Truth be told, if I could afford them I would be buying them and be sharing about them here.

The other day I dusted off an old cassette mix tape of some worship I had recorded in the early 90's.

The tape has been laying around for a lot of years in a drawer with a lot of other cassette relics.

I sought out my old portable Aiwa cassette player in my man cave.

I dusted it off and put some batteries in it.

I have a pair of over used and worn out Bose head phones that I often listen with at work.

The ear cushions left years ago and you can actually see the drivers in the cans.

Since the plastic headband snapped shortly after I had purchased these headphones, I had repaired then with a gob of two part epoxy putty.

It worked but then i could no longer adjust one side of them.

Anyway I digress.

So I had to repaint some garage doors the other day and figured I would try some retro music device and a cassette tape while painting just for the fun of it.

On man, I was stunned!

I just could not believe the music's quality level.

It was phenomenal beyond belief.

I had been listening to digital MP3s for so long I forgot how the format truncates the music with compression and such.

I just can not tell you enough how incredible the sound was.

It was if I were once again in the worship service standing there as it was being recorded.

I got so enmeshed in the worship that I had church right there at those garage doors.

My spirit man leaped for joy and I was in that place we get to when we take time to let everything go and get into worship of God.

I was really blessed and brought up into my spirit man.

So here is my recommendation if you want to listen to music that blows away the two very expensive players mentioned above, ok...rivals them.

First obtain the surprisingly cheap, when you realize most sold for $300.00 originally, cassette player.

You can pick up a decent one for around $20.00 now a days.

Then Here is a hot tip on some ear buds that blow away many of the upper priced ear buds out there.

And the insane thing about it is you can get them for a measly $38.00!

So for around $58.00 dollars total you get a portable music system that is capable of blowing away systems that make the claim that they are the ultimate quality at a premium price point.

These cassette players should easily get around 22 hours of play time per set of batteries and even more if you use Energizer Brand Ultimate lithuim batteries which tend to give 9X more service than standard batteries.

Trust me folks if you get these two items and then record some music to a cassette from a CD or DVD you will be blown away at the quality for pennies on the dollar.

So don't throw money away and go retro!

I have some cassette tapes of Pastor Brant Baker from 1973 that sound just as good today as they did way back then.

And I have some recorded cd's from the mid 90's that i can't play any longer because pin holes have developed in the foil.

If you follow through with my suggestion, your gonna thank me for sure for saving you from mediocre, expensive music devices when for peanuts you can have an absolutely explosive system that is wonderfully retro. 

In all fairness the Pono player utilizes Flac for music compression. 

Some reviewers make the claim that the Sony Player sounds like your iPhone in quality comparison test.

No comments:

Post a Comment