welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I Do Not Like Windows 8.1 But Being A PC Guy I Have No Windows Alternative

 Everyone is well-aware by now that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 have not seen the impressive adoption rate of their predecessor.

 Yet the duo had a particularly good run last month, finally passing 15 percent market share together

 Together, they owned 16.80 percent of the market at the end of October, up from 12.26 percent at the end of September.

 Windows XP meanwhile dropped a whopping 6.69 points to 17.18 percent. 

The biggest catalyst for these changes was most likely back to school sales in September, which are better reflected in the data after students use their new machines for a full month.

I move my cursor in Windows 8.1 and suddenly and up pops this stupid green screen. 

Very annoying when I am working on something.

I have a "Classic Shell" installed to give me the traditional start button and desktop, I have yet to use any of the "Apps" junk on my machine.

Lately my wife and I have been considering going Apple.

It all started with our installation of the Apple Airport Extreme wireless router.

It out performed anything we have used in the past.

Then we purchased ipads and got used to the Apple operating environment.

We next took the plunge away from our Samsung Galaxy Androids and went Apple iPhone.

WOW!

I can now understand why iPhone users are so happy.

We can now actually do the internet!

Our Androids were so painfully slow at accessing the internet that we found ourselves hardly ever using the feature on those phones.

Now with the Apple iPhones we are doing everything from our phones.

My wife is even thinking of ditching her PC machine for an Apple laptop lately...

Windows better come up with something better soon!

But I don't think it will happen in the current "cut-throat" atmosphere some of the old time Microsoft employees are reporting exist today at Microsoft.

The political atmosphere and dog eat dog environment of Microsoft will hamper any true innovation and creativity.

A house divided against itself can not stand.

Unity and cooperation is what is needed and it doesn't look like Microsoft is headed in that direction the last few years.

So I am not holding my breath for any kind of innovative operating system from Microsoft in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment