welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Names Of Our God: A Great Light


Isaiah 9:2 (NIV)

The people walking in darkness
    have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
    a light has dawned.
 Yes there is a great light that is shining on this darkened world.

 Jesus said these words just as He was about to heal a blind man.

John 9:5 King James Version (KJV)
5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.


John 3:3King James Version (KJV)
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Everyone of us was born into this world without the ability to see this light until we are confronted with it by the Holy Spirit.

 Even though it is shining all around us and we are existing in it.

Acts 17:28 (KJV)

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
 
The revelation of God comes through Christ
Jesus.

Psalm 36:9 (KJV)
In Your light we see light. 

Psalm 119:130 (KJV)
The entrance of Your Words gives light.

The Messiah Jesus is that light. His presence shines.

Where He is, there is light-simply because He is there.

To walk in Jesus is to walk in His light.

Isaiah 9:2 (KJV)
Those who dwelt in the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined.


  When cheap plastic divers watches first came out in the 70's, I got one.

It had an alarm on it that you could set.

We didn't have cell phones so we wore watches.

The idea came to me to set it for 2:00 PM everyday and seek the Lord when it would go off.

Here is why I did it.

Mike my friend told me a story about a man who waited upon the Lord every morning before heading down to the bus stop to go to work.

He had read Brother Lawrence book. (Free PDF), "The practice of the presence of God."

After having done this for quite some time, one morning he was standing at the corner bus stop when a lady stepped a little to close to him than normal.

So he took a few steps side ways to restore his personal comfort zone.

The lady moved close to him again.

He took a slow step sideways and she followed.

Finally she looks at him and says, "What is that?"

He thought about it for a moment and through revelation of the Holy Spirit he realized that she was experiencing the light of Gods presence in him.

He shared Christ with her and she got born again.

The man had become a bearer of His presence because of his waiting upon the Lord.

Back to my divers watch story.

No matter what I found my self doing, when the alarm would go off I stopped what I was doing and would go to a place where no one was and wait upon the Lord.

I wanted a meeting with the Lord.

I would get quiet and lift my hands up to Him with my eyes closed and just wait upon Him for about fifteen minutes or so each time.

At first, when I started this, nothing would happen, but eventually the Holy Spirit began meeting me every time I did this.

After about a few weeks of doing this the alarm went off one day while I was  painting on a new home being constructed.

I put my paint brush in the bucket and went into an empty room.

As I was standing there, as usual, with my hands uplifted and my mind and thoughts quietly waiting, 

God's presence manifested.

This time His presence was getting stronger and more apparent until Jesus Christ Himself was standing right on the right side of me.

I could feel Him present right there beside me as if you were standing next to me.

Even though my eyes were closed I could somehow see Him standing there visually.

His heart had rays of light coming out of it that were spreading out in all directions, going throughout the world and the universe.

I can't fully describe this but the rays of light were being experienced by me as "Love light."

This love was so great, combined with His personal presence, that I had tears flowing from my eyes as I fell to my knees.

I could feel those rays of light coming out of Jesus heart, passing through me, and experienced them as His warm radiant love. 

The rays were going through out the entire creation from His heart.

Tears were flowing freely from my eyes as I was experiencing this theophany.

In my mind I recalled a brass heart with rays of light coming out of it that I had seen in a Catholic church once.

It was just like that!

Jesus great glowing light was penetrating all the way "to a people who sat in darkness."

Just as quickly as all of this happened it was over and Jesus was not standing next to me.

I was stunned by this experience.

While I was standing there and wondering about what had just happened and why it had happened, my friend Mike drove up outside and honked his horn.

We talked for a bit.

We came to the conclusion that we needed to go out into the quiet desert places and seek the Lord together.

This is how our Desert Ministry got it's start.

We would go once a month with other men into the desert with our four wheel drive trucks and spend the week end waiting upon the Lord and ministering to one another.

 Jesus is our great light!

We are honored and privileged to live in this Great Light.

I met two men today, one was our brother in Christ and I could see the light in his eyes.

The other man was not a Christian and I could see the darkness of this world in his eyes, he was not a bad person, just not born again.

 Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


It takes patience and persistence to quietly wait upon the Lord.

At first, when I started to wait upon the Lord, nothing happened, but eventually the Holy Spirit started manifesting.

Our Savior is the light of the world, a Great Light.

Let that light shine upon those things that trouble you.

Let that light shine upon all areas and aspects of your life.

Become acquainted with that name of Jesus a Great Light.

Read brother Lawrence short and simple book and start to wait upon the Lord.

People go to the gym to get physically fit.

People should also practice spiritual things.

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

Be bathed in that Great Light of our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment