welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Things I Think. By Michael Newnham

Pastor Michael is one of those guys that I would one day love to sit down with and talk over a good cigar while sipping Barbados rum...here is some of his latest thoughts:

1. We have left Iraq…and if you’re like me we leave not knowing why we went, why we stayed, and why now was the time to go.


2. If you could be part of the church I pastor, you would understand my love of the church…and why I loathe abusive churches.


3. A prominent Reformed voice made a “confession” the other day, admitting that he had become complacent toward the “evil” Obama administration and it’s efforts to further the gay agenda worldwide. He didn’t mention any complacency toward the millions of starving children, civil wars, drug wars, poverty, or oppression happening worldwide. There was no mention of concern over our own homeless, our own poverty, and our own corruption that is bringing terror within our borders. He repented of his ‘sin”. Me…I’m too busy trying to survive to worry about what’s going on in other peoples bedrooms. Oddly enough, the Bible talks about poverty about 1000 times more than this issue as well. I guess God didn’t know how nasty people were going to get…


4. I suspect that when Trey grows up there will be neither a post office or a bookstore in our area.


5. I have decided that I am now utterly opposed to satellite video churches.The heart of Christian fellowship is about real people sharing real lives and real meals together. Anything that puts an artificial layer of separation between people gathering together should be expressly condemned in the Body of Christ.


6. The biggest lie in the church today is that we gather on Sundays to receive and transmit information and the best churches are the ones that do the best job of transmission. Learn the difference between a fellowship and a school.


7. It’s interesting to note that the Bible never identifies a church by the name of the senior pastor….


8. One of the reasons that the Holy Spirit has been muted in the church is because a lot of leaders don’t want God talking over the top of the them…


9. Everywhere I look in our society…in politics, the church, and in corporate America, there is a huge leadership vacuum. I’m not much for end times madness, but it is a bit odd and scary.


10. Because of #9, I’m drawing much comfort and encouragement from the Revelation. I wonder if that’s why it was written…

No comments:

Post a Comment