welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, October 04, 2013

Chuck Smith 1927-2013

While on the "Maranatha Tour" back in 1973 I had the privilege of meeting a man in Yuba City California named Chuck Fromm. I was the driver and 'roadie' who was in charge of getting everyone from place to place safely.

Jimmy Kempner was in charge of officiating at  the Maranatha concerts at each stop. We started at the parking lot of CCCM and made a circuit up to central CA and back.

Jimmy took me into an office of the city manager of Yuba City while there and introduced me to Chuck Frommm. Being of a prophetic nature I perceived that the man was in "Heart~Break~Hotel." Having lodged in that particular hotel a time or two myself I felt really sad for the man, I could feel his deep pain.

We talked about his uncle Chuck. It was there that I first learned how human Chuck Smith could be as Mr. Fromm told us the story of Smith's sunken boat on lake Arrowhead and how Smith had to rewire his boat after recovery. Smith loved a bargain and made sure that he purchased the most economical wire that he could, even if it was only a nickle cheaper he would drive all over the place to get that nickel savings...LOL. I got to hear some great stories about Smith that day, all good.

I was totally impressed with Fromm, I could see that he was a good man with a great future ahead of him. I have never seen Fromm after that initial meeting with him in Yuba City. Over the years I have heard his name pop up now and then, always in the context of a man of God.

From Chuck Fromm: "Uncle Chuck."

David Sloane

No comments:

Post a Comment