welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

O how we love Him. O how we adore Him. O how we give Him all our praise!

For The Conductor Of The Eternal Symphony

A Song, A Psalm.


Burst forth with joy, all the earth!
Sing to the glory of the Lords name,
make glory the form of your praise.

Say to the Holy One: How wondrous are Your deeds!
When they see the vastness of your power,
even your enemies pretend to obey.

All earth bows down, singing Your name.
They make melodies in praise of Your nature- Selah.

Go and look at the works of the Creator.

Your acts provoke awe beyond anything humans
   attain.
You turned the sea into dry land;
they crossed through the river on foot.

Once free, we rejoiced in Your presence.

Your steadfast power is always apparent;
Your eyes stare into the nation's depths.

The rebellious will not rise up against You- Selah.

Bless the wonder and grandeur of God, O nations.
With full voice, let the Creator's praise be heard- 

the One who sparked our soul to life,
Who did not allow our feet to stumble.

For you tested us, God.
You smelted us as through silver.

You brought us like prisoners to a stronghold,
binding our loins tightly.

You let a mortal ride a chariot over our heads.
We survived through fire and water-
in the end, you led us out to drink our fill.

I will come to Your house with offerings of ascent,
I will fulfill to You all my vows-

even ones that burst through my lips,
that my mouth spoke in times of constriction.

I will offer you fattened calves,
sweet-smelling smoke of rams,
oxen along with goats- Selah.

Come, listen, all those awed by God,
and I will tell you
what the Holy One did for my soul.

To my Protector my mouth cried out,
but praise remained under my tongue.

Wrongfulness- if I had seen it in my heart,
my Upholder would not have listened to me.

And yet God, You have listened.
In times past, you paid attention to my pleas.

Praised are You who have not turned from my prayer,
nor turned your kindness from me.

Psalm 66

No comments:

Post a Comment