welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, November 04, 2016

Windows 7 and 8.1 Are Gaining More New Users Than Windows 10 (digitaltrends.com)

After Microsoft ended its year-long "free" Windows 10 offer, new installations have slowed predictably. 


But in an unexpected turn, October saw more new installs of both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 than of Windows 10

 Compared to September's numbers, market share increased only 0.06% for Windows 10, while new installations of Windows 7 and 8.1 were an order of magnitude higher at 0.68%. 

According to tracking firm NetMarketShare, Windows 7 is still by far the most popular version of the OS, installed on more than twice as many computers as Microsoft's latest offering.

***

Windows 7 is a stable, nimble OS.


There is an old saying among handymen, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

Windows 7 was just fine.

It needed no tweaking.

I still run Windows 7 on one of my boxes.

No problems ever on it.

I also use Windows 10.

Between the two there is no discernible advantage for me personally since I am not into "apps."

I never use them accept on my iPhone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment