welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Cuba Trip Before Commercialization Destroys It

I never thought Cuba would be easy: bad roads, poor signage, minimal infrastructure, all that Spanish. I also had no business being there. 


 I'm a novice rider and a worthless mechanic, and the longest motorcycle trip I'd undertaken until then was an hour . . . in Manhattan.

 But this journey felt like the last chance to see something important:

Cuba as it is, before it becomes whatever it will become. I'd set out from Havana with few expectations and no plans, just a vague clockwise route and a list of private casas to stay in along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment