An anonymous reader quotes ABC: Her brother, Todd Fisher, told The Associated Press that she was "out of emergency" and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital Friday afternoon...
The 60-year-old "Star Wars" star experienced medical trouble during a flight from London and was treated by paramedics immediately upon landing in Los Angeles around noon Friday, according to reports citing unnamed sources.
Fisher reportedly remains in the intensive care unit while lots of celebrities are now wishing her a speedy recovery for Christmas, including Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels, Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew, and Billy Dee Williams, as well as Star Trek actors William Shatner and George Takei.
Many fans are using the hashtag #MayTheForceBeWithHer, and she's even receiving messages of support from the Twitter account set up for her therapy dog, Gary.
12/23 13:03 PST: YouTuber Anna Akana and her boyfriend comedian Brad Gage tweeted that Fisher stopped breathing for approximately 10 minutes on their flight from London to Los Angeles. They were seated in front of Fisher in first class.
12/23 13:13 PST: TMZ is reporting Fisher had a 'massive heart attack' 15 minutes prior to landing. A medical professional on the flight administered CPR until the plane reached the gate at LAX where paramedics took over care.
Reactions from the Star Wars family:
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
- Harrison Ford (Han Solo)
- Peter Mayhew (OG Chewbacca)
- Joonas Suotamo (New Chewbacca)
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Ian McDiarmid (Sheev Palpatine / Darth Sidious)
- Dave Prowse (OG Darth Vader)
- Warwick Davis (Wicket + Weeteef)
- Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma)
- Gary Whitta (Rogue One's screenwriter)
- Michael Giacchino (Rogue One's composer)
- Chris Miller (Han Solo movie director)
- William Shatner (Kobayashi Maru Cheater)