welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, July 16, 2007

Joe Dallas Shares


Joe Dallas Shares

Many of us in full time ministry can trace the beginnings of our work to those early days at Shekinah Fellowship. Like the other Elders and Deacons, I was unusually young for the ministry - 17, in fact! - when I came on staff in 1972, and I marvel at the level of work and responsibility we took on at such an early age. But we'd come together with incredible zeal, a striking variety of gifts, and a conviction that Christ was coming soon, so we charged ahead, certain of our calling. And who but a bunch of bold, naïve, spirit-filled kids would have dared to do it?

There are, of course, any number of failures that can be attached to Shekinah, mine included. But whatever we think of this ministry with the benefit of hindsight and age, I doubt any of us will forget the lessons and experiences we had with God and each other, nor the fruit those experiences still yield. I deeply regret the lack of oversight we had, and my own reluctance to question and even challenge when I felt we were off track. But I thank God for the "greenhouse" effect Shekinah had, in that it provided a place for many of us to discover, exercise and hone our gifts. And I will always remember Brant as one of the most engaging and passionate men I've ever known. When I attended his funeral I felt a sense of loss that's with me today, as he etched himself on my life, and on so many others, indelibly.

Joe Dallas
Joe Dallas can be reached at:
17632 Irvine Blvd. Suite #220
Tustin, CA
92780
714-508-6953

No comments:

Post a Comment