welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Risen (In Theaters Now) A Must See For Christians

 I just finished watching the Pre-Easter Movie release of Risen.


I give it the full five stars.

 Witness the greatest event in human history through the eyes of a non-believer.

As an old Christian I have seen em all a time or two when it comes to Christian themed movies.

So I have a good perspective of the differing angle points these movies can take for the most part.

As I watched the opening scene I found myself trying hard to anticipate which route this particular iteration was going to take.

I liked the Roman tribune Clavius immediately, he was a believable no nonsense manly looking actor.

"Roman military tribune Clavius (Joseph Fiennes) remains set in his ways after serving 25 years in the army.

He arrives at a crossroad when he's tasked to investigate the mystery of what happened to Jesus (Cliff Curtis) following the Crucifixion.

 Accompanied by trusted aide Lucius (Tom Felton), his quest to disprove rumors of a risen Messiah makes him question his own beliefs and spirituality.

 As his journey takes him to places never dreamed of, Clavius discovers the truth that he's been seeking." (Rotten Tomatoes)

Several times during the movie the Holy Spirit manifested His presence in the theater.

At one point people were wiping tears.

At the end of the movie the audience seemed pinned to their seats as a black screen with white credits rolled on the screen.

There was nothing on the screen but the credits and people were still not leaving.

My wife found that odd, until I told her it was because of the Holy Spirit being present ministering.

I highly would recommend this film if you haven't seen it yet.

Take an unsaved friend with you.

It posses a great opportunity to share the Gospel message.

More reviews:
 Variety

RollingStone

The Washington Post

USAToday

No comments:

Post a Comment