welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Waterbed Experience

During the years of the late 70's and most of the 80's I slept on a waterbed.


It of course had a heater which made the bed very cozy during those cold winter nights.

My dog occasionally, along with my cat, would inadvertently poke a claw hole in it and I would wake up to a small, cold squirting leak, soaking the covers and sheet along with my wife and i.

You do get used to bouncing up and down every time that your wife moves in her sleep.

I will say that during this period that I slept on the thing I had a lot of back problems.

Looking back I now realize that the water bed had to be the contributing factor in my back problems.

What the heck, we were young and I was a hippie when i was a teen so the water bed was something that came with the territory.

Today the water bed has fallen from the public's favor. 

Not a surprise to me.

Most apartments for rent don't allow them.

They are a pain to set up or take down.

They sprout leaks now and then.

And if your married you sleep on a moving sea.

My conventional mattress gives me incredible support and my back is just fine these days,

Ahh the foolishness of youth... 

No comments:

Post a Comment