welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Undercover under a bushel basket...bland salt...dimmed light?



You know those creative "Not Of This World" type trade marked copy righted stickers that we see on the back windows of vehicles these days. I am always thinking that it is somehow a copout of sorts. A sticker that lets other Christians know who you are in kind of an undercover way. Something that won't offend the unsaved among us. Why no "Jesus Christ Is My Lord And Saviour" stickers? Or "I worship Jesus Christ The Son Of Almighty God."

During the days of the Jesus People Movement our bumper stickers were more direct in revealing who we were to one another and the world around us. Of  course by 1976 the Jesus People faded back into the woodwork.

Don't get me wrong though, just the other day I was behind a construction truck. There was a "My boss is a Jewish Carpenter" sticker on one side of the bumper and a "Real Men Love Jesus" sticker on the other side.

One young man had a "Washed In The Blood Of Jesus" rear bumper sticker on his work truck. I have that one on the inside lid of my truck tool bin. Where I have a few other stickers along with my "Pedros Tacos Of San Clemente" sticker. I also have a crown of thorns that says "Jesus Died For You."

I was behind a car on my way to work one morning that made me smile big. It had a bumper sticker that said, "The wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ His Son Who died for our sins." Very direct and very not undercover.

I have no bumper sticker on my bumper because I often drive a bit too fast on my way back and forth on our southern CA roads. Don't want to bring reproach on Christianity by my indiscretions. I do try to get a handle on my driving...been trying for 54 years of driving to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment