welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

My Chicken and my cats like each other

I needed a new dish washer. 


My old one was not getting the dishes clean and it was doing goofy stuff and making strange noises.

So like most people I did not want to buy a lemon that I would regret purchasing, and I wanted to get the best one for my money.

So I did my research on the net. I found the fatal flaws in some of the available brands and models. I checked out all of the reviews. And I located the best performers and the ones with the least after market problems.

Then it began. Even though I had already purchased a Bosch dishwasher and was using it, ads began to show up suggesting multiple brands of Dish washers that I might like. This went on for quite some time.

Then I did some research on wood floors and the same thing happened. It was nice that I got ads delivered to my eyes. But the truth is they always came after the fact. I mean after I had made my purchase. So for me personally the ads were late in coming to me. I no longer had a need for the targeted ads.

I do like the ads. It makes sense to target people with what they may be searching for. Since I like it I will never opt out of the ad system. The privacy aspect is nothing, they are only interested in serving up relevant ads to all of us. It really is a great system if you think about it.

But if you don't like targeted ads, here is some info for you...

"Do you know what data the 1300+ tracking companies have on you? Privacy blogger Dan Tynan didn't until he had had enough of being stalked by grandpa-friendly Jitterbug phone ads. Tracking company BlueKai and its partners had compiled 471 separate pieces of data on him

 Some surprisingly accurate, some not (hence the Jitterbug ad). But what's worse is that opting out of tracking is surprisingly hard. 

On the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out Page you can ask the 98 member companies listed there to stop tracking you and on Evidon's Global Opt Out page you can give some 200 more the boot — but that's only about 300 companies out of 1300. 

And even if they all comply with your opt-out request, it doesn't mean that they'll stop collecting data on you, only that they'll stop serving you targeted ads."

The dish washer I choose is very quite, so much so that there is a red laser light that shines a red dot on the kitchen floor to let me know that it was indeed working.

The glasses come out of it sparkling clean and shiny with that squeaky clean feel to them. I am totally satisfied. The internet is awesome! But to top all of this off my wife is ecstatic with my purchase, which over the long haul is the main objective for me.

The best part is I do not have to take my turn at washing the dishes...LOL!

I love the net, I truly do.  

I recently searched water filters for the kitchen sink.

I settled on the 'Kube because it was compact and I needed no tools when it comes time to replace the charcoal cartridges.

Even though I now have my water filter and it is installed and working fine, I am getting water filter ads everywhere I go on the net.

It is a relief knowing that the powers that be have no clue that I have already purchased what I had been searching for.

At least for now there is a blind spot in their snooping.

Can the same thing be said for the NSA's snooping?

No comments:

Post a Comment