welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, June 06, 2016

As a young man I used to sit cross legged on the floor of Pink's Drugs reading comic books


As a young man I used to sit cross legged on the floor of Pink's Drugs reading comic books on Newport Blvd in Costa Mesa reading the comic books. 


I couldn't buy them so I sat there while the old men were in the back room with their 'bookie."

When I could buy them I would wait until I had three and then go over to the old book store on 18th st by Lion's Park and trade them in for one comic book that I hadn't read yet. Sgt Nick Fury and the Green Lantern along with Thor were among my favorite ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment