welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, August 31, 2015

Who Are You?



 "...I Am Who I Am"


Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” Exodus 3:13.

 And God said to Moses, I Am Who I Am and What I Am, and I Will Be What I Will Be; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I Am has sent me to you! Exodus 3:14

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.." 

And Elohim said unto Moshe, Eh-heh-yeh ashair Ehheh- yeh (I AM WHO I AM); and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the Bnei Yisroel, EHHEH-YEH (I AM) hath sent me unto you.

Exodus 3:14 is one of the greatest challenges to interpretation in the Bible.

We find a Divine name for All Mighty God here. 

We see four words ehyeh asher ehyeh in the first part of Exodus 3:14 and ehyeh in the second part.

  There has been no consensus on the meaning of this verse for at least 2,300 years because the meaning of just four words therein has defied all efforts at being convincingly explained.

  God speaks words that to Moses and the Children of Israel, these words conveyed a meaning so clear and so potent as to have inspired them to undertake the legendary acts of courage and faith recounted in the Book of Exodus.


The words of Exodus 3:14 were both highly meaningful and readily comprehensible to those who first heard them.

The words indicate the way in which God should be known by name, there is every reason to believe that they would be just as meaningful for us today if only we understood them...

There is a connotation of absolute existence in the Septuagint version of this verse.

Moses is asking All Mighty God how it is that God should be known by name. God's self-designation.

We know there is a Divine name in Exodus 3:14, that this name is the Personal name of God, that it is the Hebrew word Ehyeh and that Ehyeh should be translated into English as I AM.

  I AM articulates the perfect knowledge that God has of His existence.

 The words Ehyeh asher Ehyeh are God's Self-identification to Moses they are not a name. They translate literally as "I AM asher I AM"

This is the greatest ever instance of Divine revelation to humanity at that point.

Until Jesus Christ appears on earth.

What we do know is that:

Jesus Christ is the self existent one who becomes what you need.

He is the all becoming one, He is God.

What we do know about the context of the conversation between Moses and the Master Creator is that he is sending Moses to set His people free.

Do you have needs?

 Are you trapped today?

 2 Corinthians 1:10
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again.

On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us...

Velcro to Jesus Christ.

 Cling to Him, rely upon Him, trust in Him.

 That term in Exodus 3 is also the exact term used by The Lord Jesus Christ in describing Himself in John 8:58

He will deliver you!

 Jesus was telling us that it was and is HE HIMSELF that was the one that lead the people out of Egypt.

Read what Paul says in 1 Cor. 10:1  

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 
  10:2   And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 
  10:3   And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 
  10:4   And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.  

It was and is Christ that is The I AM of The Bible.

 In  John 8:58 Jesus does apply the meaning of this Name to Himself when He says, "Before Abraham came into existence, I am", thus clearly identifying Himself as God.

"I The All Becoming One Become What You Need"

No comments:

Post a Comment