welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Saturday, March 11, 2017

The hunt for Forrest Fenn's $2 million hidden treasure

Early last year, Estelle messaged me with a tantalizing proposal.


“Random question,” she wrote, “but would you be interested in looking for a treasure with me?”

“OMG,” I responded. “Are you talking about Fenn’s treasure?”

I’d been following the story since it broke in 2010, lurking in treasure forums and reading recaps of other people’s failed attempts to find the chest.

 Enticed by the simplicity of the poem, Estelle had convinced herself it was an easy solve.

Between June and August 2016, Estelle and I exchanged 24,000 treasure-related words over Slack and email.

On occasion, our theories went off the deep end.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment